the ZUMEL
Past The Velvet Rope
B-Town Boyz
Huffington Post
xkcd (webcomic)
NASCAR
Stile Project
Urban Dictionary
Wikipedia

Powered by Blogger

03 March 2010

back from the not-here area

ok ok ok, I'm sorry. I know I have no excuse, but here they are
anyways...

november: TheMom had heart attack #9, I had to fly home, then it was
getting her back to her normal jovial self and in the process getting
her addicted to modern warfare 2. we even got her her own XBOX live
account. if you want her screen name, let me know.

december: well, it's december. christmas, my birthday, trying to hide
from the job-giving people... it takes some effort.

january: TheMom's birthday, um... president's day? there has to be a
good reason why I didn't post then. I'm sure there is, but I don't know
what it is right now. I guess I might have to concede laziness.

february: I got sick. not flu-sick, but serious sick, dammit! I was
drinking loads, I was pissing all the time, and two days in a row I
slept like 12+ hours. I called it a phase and joked about having mono.
TheMom called the doctor and got me an appointment. the friday before
superbowl, I get blood taken and tested, I drive home, and by the time I
get home, the doctor has called and left a message to get my ass back to
the emergency room ASAP because I was about a gallon low on fluids, and
oh yeah... I got the diabetes. FUKK!!! so I went for fluids, and they
decided to admit me. apparently, I my sugah was like "break the meter"
kinda high or something. since I had to be on an insulin drip, they had
to put me in ICU, and since I was in ICU I had to have those damn EKG
pads that painfully tear off chest hair when removed. I didn't NEED
them, but it was procedure. SOOO, I was tethered to a bed for 3 days.
lots of snow dumped, I did a lot of reading (kindle, fukk yeah!) and
sudoku (I planned for a waiting room trip, not a three day stay). I was
stepped down on super bowl sunday and had to watch it in the hospital
and released to my own devices on monday.

so that's why I haven't updated. no real routine kinda screws up my
flow. lucky for you, I've recently been assigned to a job in oswego, NY
which means routine (even if it is 13-hour days), and routine means I'll
try to find time to blog, like now. I'm also trying to balance
exercise, eating better, and socializing. pity me.

anyways, this was just a quick update to let you know I'm alive. there
MIGHT be a PTVR this week depending on how much I can get done on
breaks. check just in case. there are loads of people I've been anting
to kick out of line for so long. more later... like pix from jordan and
all the latest.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Don't worry about blogging regularly, worry about your health.

12:43 PM, March 03, 2010  
Blogger themom said...

I agree with Monkey Man....health first. I'm glad you are back to blogging, and I think I need to get back in the swing of things as well. Keeping all these wonderful opinions bottled inside can be quite unhealthy. LOL Miss ya guy!

10:55 AM, March 04, 2010  
Blogger swedish chef dave said...

dude, glad you healthyish and blogging again, keep it up,

3:55 PM, March 07, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home