the ZUMEL
Past The Velvet Rope
B-Town Boyz
Huffington Post
xkcd (webcomic)
NASCAR
Stile Project
Urban Dictionary
Wikipedia

Powered by Blogger

18 December 2007

Air travel

I'm a seasoned traveler thanks to my job. That does give me a slight advantage in knowing what i'm going to need to do ahead of time. Aside from that, seriously, what the fukk is so hard about this?!?! I'm usually pretty tolerant of the stray rookie slowing things down, but today EVERY person was fukking something up. The old people couldn't read the TSA signs... Gotta shut down for now since I KNOW THE RULES

Ok, i'm back. The mexicans couldn't find their seat. That's a HUGE peeve. It's a number... And a letter. How can you screw that up? I'm in row 10, he and his wife were supposed to be in row 7, and they made it all the way to row 15 or so before a flight attendant had to help them. No matter if you speak english, spanish, french, etc. The letters and numbers still represent the same thing. If you can't figure that out, take southwest or the bus where it's general seating. PLUS this guy and his wife were HUGE, barely fitting down the aisle themselves, now they are trying to squeeze past oncoming traffic to get to their seats. I was lucky enough to get BOTH their asses far too close to my face and one of their bags to the back of the head.

AND carry-ons... I bring a backpack with my laptop in it. It's a bit bulky, but it always fits comfortably in the overhead or under my seat... ALWAYS. I see thse people (maybe 10 or so today) that have TWO carry-ons that would NEVER fit in the carry-on check box next to the check-in desk. You could fit a small immigrant in these bags, a la ocean's 11. Then they cram and cram and cram them into the overhead where they obviously aren't going to fit. Under the seat? HAH. Then they get pissed off when the attendant says it'll have to go under the plane. I don't care WHAT you have in there.. If you don't follow the rules, you get penalized. You should've fedex'd it. One last thing, if you have a carry-on, keep in mind where it is. Don't bounce it off everyone's head on you way down the aisle or roll over everyone's toes. If there's a REMOTE possibility you might've, apologize and BE MORE CAREFUL.

This isn't the season for a rant like that but EVERY travel day would be more enjoyable if everyone would avoid these faux pas. Thanks and happy holidays.

1 Comments:

Blogger B Town T said...

When did Dennis Miller start blogging for Z? I don't want to get off on a rant here, but... Cheer up Z, you're on a plane back to the states to hang out and chill with family and friends. By the way, now that I'm a skill level 20 and grade 2 Capt. I'll be pwning you on a more frequent basis. Happy Pwnidays to all.

4:13 PM, December 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home