the ZUMEL
Past The Velvet Rope
B-Town Boyz
Huffington Post
xkcd (webcomic)
NASCAR
Stile Project
Urban Dictionary
Wikipedia

Powered by Blogger

28 July 2008

too smart for my own good... or at least i thought so

EDIT: the toilet is fixed, the driver hooked me up by getting the toilet and arranging the plumber to install it. AWESOME! and the original $150 estimate... well, i was a little off, more like $225 with labor.

so my toilet broke the other day. the flushing mechanism wouldn't flush anymore, so i went to the main road in this area, found a plumbing shop and bought the mechanism i needed. when i bought it, the proprietor asked me if i needed a plumber (of course, his guy), and i said, "no, i'm an engineer". famous last words.

well, tonight was the first chance i had to try to install it. after about an hour of wrestling with it (it's in a very confined space), i finally got the tank off... along with some of the bowl that wasn't supposed to come up with it. you can see it in the pictures. so the moral of this story? 1) just because your an engineer, doesn't mean you know how to fix a toilet, 2) never overestimate the benefit of getting a pro, and 3) my originally $20 fix is probably going to be more like $150. fukk me! but, jules, it will be fixed before you get home... i hope.


9 Comments:

Blogger REDNESS said...

looks like you'll be getting a new toilet

2:04 PM, July 28, 2008  
Blogger J Ho said...

So...you have the bends, and then you break the toilet??

You literally busted the pipes.

5:50 PM, July 28, 2008  
Blogger J Ho said...

Kinda reminds me of Chad and I's adventure at the Pagoda. The flushing mechanism broke. I got the part, tried to fix it. I ended up having to call maintenance and they had to fully fix it.

I think he has video of it.

5:53 PM, July 28, 2008  
Blogger Ami said...

Oh, those are sooooo famous last words. My famous last words are "I have a DEGREE in COMPUTER SCIENCE," usually said to Chris in a "Dude, have some faith" tone of voice right before I completely fuck up a computer.

6:18 PM, July 28, 2008  
Blogger dapolishprincess said...

You should of "fixed" it enough so that when the next person to use it would have broke it. Its the polish way.

6:57 PM, July 28, 2008  
Blogger themom said...

AHA - check out Jules' blog...she can take a laptop apart and put it back together...duh!?!?! You are not your father's (plumber) son, I must find your real father now!!

12:04 AM, July 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from your nephew:

Uncle Z...you are a mechanical engineer and you can't even fix your own toilet.

from thesister:

You are the damn dumbest smart person I know!

12:05 AM, July 29, 2008  
Blogger B Town T said...

J Ho, would that be the infamous Flushmaster model 200A? That's the only thing I can remember from that video, well that and "Who broke Godzilla?"

Z, looks like you got pwned by your toilet.

11:33 AM, July 29, 2008  
Blogger B Town Chump said...

1. Juddy, it was the Flushmaster model 200A.

2. You didn't have to CALL maintenance to come fix it. They showed up on their one when the downstairs neighbors called them because of a leaking ceiling.

3. Z, if it was the flushing mechanism, why in the hell did you have to take the tank off the base to fix it?

10:13 AM, July 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home