the ZUMEL
Past The Velvet Rope
B-Town Boyz
Huffington Post
xkcd (webcomic)
NASCAR
Stile Project
Urban Dictionary
Wikipedia

Powered by Blogger

18 February 2009

7 pounds

i'm not too proud to let you know that i cry at sad movies. i've been ridiculed by girlfriends at times, but i can't help it. i'm a conundrum, a renaissance man of sorts. i'm emotional yet logical, i'm a romantic yet a nerd-at-heart, i write yet i'm an engineer. i make an emotional investment in movies if they are worthy of it. that being said, i think "7 pounds" is an excellent movie. the problem is, i shouldn't watch it with colleagues around on the way to work. i watched it this morning on my iPod on the way to work (yeah, it takes me 2 hours to get to work, YEA EGYPT!). toward the end of the movie, it was getting hairy. i had my sunglasses on, trying not to blink so my lachrymatians would not fall down my face. how goofy would that look? a 2 manly-men engineers looking over and seeing me crying at a movie. googly! i need to think ahead better. my next movie venture is a re-watching of "labyrinth", and i KNOW that one won't make me cry. back to the point, if you haven't seen "7 pounds", i recommend it. check it out. i must got find a tissue.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger themom said...

I want to get it as soon as it is released. Still not totally sure what it is about though.

XXXOOO

10:44 AM, February 18, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job on crying, and if your fellow engineers are heartless, then that's just too freaking bad.

You're a good egg.

12:15 PM, February 18, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I feel your pain on this one. I couldn't even keep myself from tearing up at He's Just Not That Into You. I mean, COME ON!!!

1:34 PM, February 18, 2009  
Blogger J Ho said...

7 Pounds made you cry? If every sad, overly-pulled at the emotional center of the brain movie ever made and put those essences into a movie...that is what 7 pounds is about.

It was tooooo over the top. Will Smith with his bulging, glossy, water eyes looking like that cartoon puppy looking up at a stranger wanting fed.

It made me sick.

You want to watch a really good movie that is super-emotional? watch "Dancer in the Dark" starring Bjork.

6:34 PM, February 18, 2009  
Blogger slyght said...

i'm not saying there did anything revolutionary, they just know what strings to pull, man! i knew what he was going to do 20 minutes in, but i still liked it.

12:06 PM, February 21, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home