the ZUMEL
Past The Velvet Rope
B-Town Boyz
Huffington Post
xkcd (webcomic)
NASCAR
Stile Project
Urban Dictionary
Wikipedia

Powered by Blogger

30 August 2009

sappy post for the year - phantom kiss

<SAPPINESS> ok, so last night, i had a strange, if not short, dream. i was with someone of the female persuasion, and i can think of no reason why it was her. we were at the wimbledon tennis competitions at some sort of log cabin-ish thing. the dream was very to the point. i was holding her, we were about to kiss, she asked "why?", i said "just for fun" (i'm such a salesman, even in my dreams). she said "what if it's more than fun?" to which i replied "no worries, that doesn't happen to me", and we kissed. then we noticed my mom and he mom walking up the steps to the cabin so we bolted in separate directions... and i woke up. here's the sappy part.

i've not been lucky enough to kiss someone in a long time, but even that dream kiss cheered me up. it was fun. blah blah blah, yeah i know. so, what i'm saying to you is, if you are lucky enough to have someone around to kiss romantically, next time you see your sig fig, take a little extra time to enjoy it. i fear it becomes a bit too standard. a kiss while you're running out the door or a peck before going to bed. your heart isn't REALLY into it, it's just part of the daily routine. the next few times, before it becomes routine again, just take a few extra seconds and put some feeling into it, make it a little more special. for those of you who aren't so lucky, i wish i could help you, you can join my "hating on couples" support group every day at beer-thirty. j/k.

</SAPPINESS>

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger themom said...

I'm so sorry I was the "baddie" in your dream. I didn't mean to ruin the kiss!!!


XXXOOO

10:37 AM, August 30, 2009  
Blogger Jane Ann said...

Thanks for reminding me how much I need to be kissed.... But for me the end is in sight... 6 more weeks of winter (er I mean Until My honey comes home)

6:28 PM, August 30, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever read about Oediopus?

12:44 PM, August 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home