the ZUMEL
Past The Velvet Rope
B-Town Boyz
Huffington Post
xkcd (webcomic)
NASCAR
Stile Project
Urban Dictionary
Wikipedia

Powered by Blogger

06 August 2009

the arabic project, phase 1 : COMPLETE



that is my name there. i personally think my last name (the part on the left) looks bad ass, like a crown or something. i'm sending out the names i did off the top of my head today. if you didn't get one and wanted one, i apologize, i'm an ass. send me an email or a comment, and i'll make you one up for you. it's good practice for me and kinda fun. i verified all the names with native egyptian arabic speakers, so they should be pretty damn close. since these are transliterations, how i pronounce the name can change how it is written. for example, the way i say my last name is how it is written above. the way the locals HEAR me say my name is different; thus, they write it differently. the smae goes for my first name.. i say "zachary", and they relate that to "zakareyah" which is the approximate equivalent in arabic.

well, that's one of the MANY projects i've started, and so far, the only one completed. what's on next? tell me what you think about this, your name if i sent you one, and if you want one. later.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger themom said...

I think our last name looks awesome too! Thanks for the thought. See if you can do Colton's! You have the last name down pat.

XXXOOO

8:33 AM, August 06, 2009  
Blogger trinnydecca said...

your first name looks like "gigi" or "gigli".

10:10 PM, August 06, 2009  
Blogger swedish chef dave said...

dude, your not going all native on us are you, i wouldn't want to see you with a full beard and a little white hat, with that long white shirt to the ground, that would be scarey, I am here in malaysia for 6 weeks with the locals also muslim, but you can get beer everywhere.

5:25 PM, August 07, 2009  
Blogger trinnydecca said...

You could grow a sweet mustache and grease your hair back and smoke unfiltered cigarettes to be even more authentic!

I'm so wrong, but it feels so right!

9:53 PM, August 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home