the ZUMEL
Past The Velvet Rope
B-Town Boyz
Huffington Post
xkcd (webcomic)
NASCAR
Stile Project
Urban Dictionary
Wikipedia

Powered by Blogger

01 March 2008

alexandria picture post

the library at alexandria. though this library is breath-taking, i'm sure it's nowhere near as impressive as the original back in roman times.


this is the inside of the library at alexandria, looking from the top floor down.


jules had a habit of popping her head into my pictures this trip. this is the library from the bottom floor looking up.


this is me, looking the consummate dopey tourist, standing next to a real live dead mummy at the national museum of alexandria.


i like these. i think they are called box statues. they are meant to represent someone sitting with their knees pulled up to their chest, then the front is adorned with hieroglyphics detailing their life.


here is a stereotypical tablet with hieroglyphics inscribed on them.


the taxi that we took from the library at alex to our hotel had this "pitch" and "roll" gauge on it. if you know anything about egyptian drivers, neither of those gauges were very level throughout the trip. that being said, i want a set of those gauges.


this picture isn't from alex, but i had to share it. i think their is something wrong with this picture, but i just can't put my finger on it. if you can't tell what books those are, click on the picture for a larger version, as you can do with all the pictures in this post.


the rest of my alexandria pix are here if you are interested. also, i updated my "location" in the right sidebar. now, it shows my apartment location rather than the hotel i moved out of.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry I didn't know you'd be staying in Egypt sooner. I'm heading to South Africa in three days for a week+ class, then I fly back to the states. If I had known sooner, I would have tacked on a few days and visited you in your massive apartment. Nice place and nice video!

3:43 PM, March 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it is smart idea to post the picture about islamic books with drinks.....some locals from your site my find his way to your blog and this wont be good.

1:07 AM, March 02, 2008  
Blogger slyght said...

trinny: man that does suck. i should've been more pro-active, but i was slackin' on my pimpin'. maybe some other time.

anonymous: i appreciate your concern. i've said/posted/done stupider and more offensive things in the past. i try not to offend intentionally, just to piss people off. i just saw this and thought it was funny. i didn't set it up, i only observed it and documented it. i'll do my best to handle the guys onsite, though i think i'm FAIRLY well hidden. thanks again, i DO appreciate your cautious warning.

4:43 AM, March 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home