the ZUMEL
Past The Velvet Rope
B-Town Boyz
Huffington Post
xkcd (webcomic)
NASCAR
Stile Project
Urban Dictionary
Wikipedia

Powered by Blogger

02 May 2007

i love my job...

really i do, when i get to do that which i'm good at and like to do; in short, maintenance. i spent 1.5 years in india on an installation, and it was horrendous. the pace and bureaucracy involved in installing and commissioning a multi-million dollar power plant just rots my brain.

but now i'm in the UK on a maintenance job, and it is great. i've been running around all night looking up drawings, finding specs, making decisions on what parts to keep, what to scrap, when i have time helping the crew (i'm not allowed to do too much sadly), and the night flew by. THIS is the part of my job i love.

the only sad parts are that i can't be MORE hands-on (TheParents pushed me away from pipefitting, jeez), and another thing is, i don't think i want to do this job when i settle down. i'll want to come home to my wife and kids every night. the guys who do this job, married and with kids, i just don't get it. i don't know. i don't think i could pull it off. i also don't know what i would do for a career then. i'm not an office person in a cubicle, nor do i think jules is. i guess we'll figure something out when the time comes.

oh, and yeah, last night my U.S. manager who is working days onsite (no, we're not short on manpower... whatever) just offered ANOTHER maintenance job in italy when this is done. rock on, i just wish he'd being me back to the main company instead of borrowing me from my new foreign division. but again, we'll see what happens, maybe i'm making a good impression.

enough elation for me, time to head back to the hotel, shower up, and get funny looks from the breakfasters as i feast on a morning pint o' guinness.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger themom said...

oh right!!! blame me for everything!! I didn't want your sorry ass working out in the cold and miserable weather - wanted yu to use your brain!! MEAN MOMMY!!!

love ya bunches anyway!!

XXXOOO

8:43 AM, May 02, 2007  
Blogger Rich | Championable said...

Dude, I still can't quite figure out what you do.

:-)

6:34 PM, May 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home