the ZUMEL
Past The Velvet Rope
B-Town Boyz
Huffington Post
xkcd (webcomic)
NASCAR
Stile Project
Urban Dictionary
Wikipedia

Powered by Blogger

23 November 2007

my thanksgiving in south texas

it was cold. like, for me, good weather. wearing my short-sleeve polo shirt, i was comfortable, i think they said it was maybe 45 degrees. the texans were bundled up like eskimos. down jackets, winter coveralls, facemasks, hoodies, the works. it was kinda funny. i actually had a lot of work to do mapping rotor damage since we are planning to pull the rotor today. i was out in the cold, cloudy air all day sitting on cold steel, making some bucks. around 1pm, the customer graced us with a thanksgiving lunch pictured here they also had baked potatoes that i was too full to eat, and i had some pumpkin pie (they had apple too, but again, stuffed). if you can't tell, that is a 16+ oz. steak, corn, texas toast, and a lovely salad. we ate, we got drowsy, we watched some football online LIVE with a cool webpage one of the guys onsite knows, then we went back to work. a full 12 hours was put in, then i went home. i got a bit lonely/bored at the hotel. i thought of all the families eating together, and KNEW there'd be nowhere for me to grab a small meal. i drove past olive garden, hooters, chili's, nothing was open but whataburger, so i had a whataburger meal, whatasized. i hardly ate the fries, but i was thirsty, and i wanted to see if i could say "whatasize me" without laughing... i admit, i smirked.

that was that. today it is about the same temperature, drizzly, and windy, so TODAY, i'm a bit chilly. like i said, i packed for warm weather. i have my micro-mesh sweat-wicking polo shirt on = lots of little holes that let the wind cut right through ya. i had to come back in to the office to put my coveralls on, just to get a bit warmer. today we pull the rotor, today we make 2.5T again, no complaints here. back to work. hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger themom said...

"whatasize me!" I guess we will be hearing a lot of that in the future. Your meal actually looks pretty good. I'm mad at TheRuss - he stayed home and ate bologna sandwiches. Invitations for here and elsewhere and he didn't go. I promised him a good kick in the ass when I see him.

XXXOOO

11:49 AM, November 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home