the ZUMEL
Past The Velvet Rope
B-Town Boyz
Huffington Post
xkcd (webcomic)
NASCAR
Stile Project
Urban Dictionary
Wikipedia

Powered by Blogger

05 June 2009

looking for a word

i had the day off today, so i golfed and then went to the pool, and finished a patterson book, and drank a few beers. after i finished the book, i tried to write which has been vexing me lately. i'm blocked, i got nothing, and in my forced writing, i wrote that possibly i'm a functional sociopath. then i realized i didn't know what a sociopath REALLY was, so i looked it up.

i thought i was a sociopath because in my mind, a sociopath gets pissed off by stupid shite. not knowing the definition, that was the working definition i had in my head. i looked it up using the "define:" function in google, and found the definition, i shite you not... "someone with a sociopathic personality" and "having the characteristics of a sociopath". now, this kinda just popped my top. i know when i was little i was taught never to use the word in it's definition. and that's the first two things i got. kinda like "dad, how do you spell (insert word here)" and dad says "look it up". come on fukker... if i knew how to spell it i COULD look it up.

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! m-w.com says a sociopsth is a sociopathic individual. mutherfukker!!!!

ok, now i'm going to go to m-w.com to figure out what a sociopath is, and if i am. that's the rant for the day. cross your fingers for me, because if being a sociopath is bad, i might've just ratted on myself. dammit!

3 Comments:

Blogger themom said...

No, you are not a sociopath. A sociopath does things without compunction or FEELING. No remorse, no guilt, nothing. Hmmm...let me see now....

5:59 PM, June 05, 2009  
Anonymous Matt C said...

Courtesy of dictionary.com...
–noun Psychiatry.
A person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

1:00 PM, June 06, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm 2/3 sociopath -- at times -- not always. I think I still have moral responsibility.

1:40 PM, June 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home