the ZUMEL
Past The Velvet Rope
B-Town Boyz
Huffington Post
xkcd (webcomic)
NASCAR
Stile Project
Urban Dictionary
Wikipedia

Powered by Blogger

29 July 2009

my fear


i want to buy a house. for some reason, i want to buy a house so bad. i think it would be really cool, just the idea of having a house, a place i go back to that is mine. i don't have much to furnish it with (2 hammocks, flat-screen TV, stereo, XBOX360, a load of books, and the latest gadgets i've acquired on the internet), but i think that would be cool, too. i think minimal would work for me.

still, i just can't commit. hell, i can't even commit to looking! i doubt my ability to make a good investment. i know one of my weaknesses is that i'm a consumer. i do my very best to stimulate this economy as much as possible, very often to my financial detriment. i like money, and i want money for security purposes, but i can't be bothered to try really hard to get it. that's kinda why i relate to this comic. buying a house would be awesome and having parties and bbqs and getting together for races would be the bomb, but having to go through the process of combing through the fine print of a lease agreement because i might screwed on legalese... i just can't fathom it.

peter pan... out.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, by NOT owning a house you're free of increasing property taxes alongside declining house value, dealing with a mortgage company, a furnace, roof, water main, or other large expensive thing to replace, outrageous gas bills, driveway to shovel, lawn to mow, etc. If it was me, I'd go the condo route. But, I am particularly embittered by my house owning experience. It's not all it's cracked up to be. I'd rather be hanging in a hammock in Neverland!
The J-rod's wife

1:38 PM, July 29, 2009  
Blogger trinnydecca said...

Well, you do get the tax benefits by owning a home. With condo ownership, you have to pay condo fees and deal with all the condo association rules. There's no perfect route.

If you settled in the ATL, I would totally rent a room from you and share my furniture.

1:18 AM, July 30, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't honestly know why you would want to buy a house anyhow. you are never in the US so where would you buy one in Africa or Egypt? Come on be real...wait until you get your own section in the US where you aren't travelin and then buy a house where YOU WANT TO SETTLE DOWN!!! You have the brain, you have the money, now set yourself up before you settle yourself down. This GOOD ADVICE coming from an underachiever...go figure.

Luv ya bro
Thedaughter aka Thesister

12:33 AM, August 02, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home