the ZUMEL
Past The Velvet Rope
B-Town Boyz
Huffington Post
xkcd (webcomic)
NASCAR
Stile Project
Urban Dictionary
Wikipedia

Powered by Blogger

01 September 2008

my ramadan beard

what do you think of it? actually i started growing it when i got lazy from the shite that's fallen all about me, but when some of the muslims onsite asked about it, i told them i was converting to islam for the month of ramadan. they laughed, probably because they barely know a lick of english, but it's my joke now.

i woke up in a bad mood this morning, and it only got worse. in the morning we stop at the petrol station to get some sandwiches for lunch, drinks, and there's an HSBC ATM there. the first time i used it, i was scared. the card inserter/ejector device is slow as bawlz, like old-lady-crossing-the-street-in-manhattan slow and unsteady. i really was surprised to get my card back. since then, i've gotten used to it. today, AS SOON as i put my card in the slot, a screen came up apologizing for being out of order, so i hit cancel, and it wouldn't give me my TheGeneral CORPORATE card back!!! i hit cancel and error numerous times to no avail so i had my driver call the 24-hour number on the machine. they said that someone will come look at the machine, collect the card, and they'd be back at the HSBC office near my house at noon. i had to come before 1:30PM though because the bank closes then the ENTIRE month of ramadan, and today was day numero uno. the good thing about this was i got to leave work early to get it. i left at 11:00AM, got the the bank around 12:15PM, and waited until 1:00PM when the guy finally arrived with "the box". we followed him to the "ATM department-restricted access" door with the fancy keypad (i saw the code, i'm making a dash for the cash). i gave them my passport and aobut 15 minutes later they came out with my card. i'm so happy. then i offered the driver a meal at KFC next door. i ordered a wrap for lunch and a sandwich for snack/dinner. after about 15 minutes waiting around, the guy comes out and says they don't have sandwiches today. seriously, WTF took 15 minutes to figure that out? so i left in a huff and came home. i'm gonna hop on my bike now and do some exercising/shopping.

NOTE: btw, i uploaded that picture with my eye-fi card, how frickin' cool is that? that means, i took the photo, the eye-fi card encoded my GPS location using local router triangulation to the pic, and automatically uploaded it to my flickr account without any interference from me. if you click on the pic, and at the right, you see "taken in al maadi, al qahirah", click on the map link. i didn't have to put it on the map, it did it all by it's lonesome, and that is my exact building. really... i think that is so cool

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TheRachel says "That beard is kinda creepy. Shave it."

3:25 PM, September 01, 2008  
Blogger themom said...

i found the pic on flickr before i saw the blog...and just love the pic. sorry jay & rachel. Even toni like it - fits your unique personna.

XXXOOO

12:25 AM, September 02, 2008  
Blogger swedish chef dave said...

Dude

leave the beard, you look strangely arabic with it, byt the way you sound much better and I am very glad about it, keep up the good work and as a bonus here is a link to a NASA story about noctilucent clouds, you'll enjoy it

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/strange_clouds_030219.html

later dude

Dave down under

2:46 AM, September 02, 2008  
Blogger slyght said...

i'm 50/50 on keeping it. it is hot here, it itches, but i'm lazy. we'll see. maybe that'll be my next poll

2:57 AM, September 02, 2008  
Blogger dapolishprincess said...

Makes you look like you have authority, as long as you pick food out of it, I think its a keeper.

3:49 PM, September 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look like a pirate with that look. I give it a thumbs up. Keep it. You need to let me know about Germany...
Wayne

8:37 PM, September 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thejared's wife says it looks good. Kinda like Mathew Fox in Lost.

11:01 AM, September 05, 2008  
Blogger slyght said...

TheJared's wife - thanks, i'm really surprised it's going over so well. now, i gotta see about the hair

2:21 AM, September 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home