the ZUMEL
Past The Velvet Rope
B-Town Boyz
Huffington Post
xkcd (webcomic)
NASCAR
Stile Project
Urban Dictionary
Wikipedia

Powered by Blogger

10 August 2006

he's here, HE'S HERE!!!

my replacement is in the office right now, i got my local tickets yesterday, i'm all ready to go. i just need to pack and keep praying for drought. so far it's worked quite well. there were some small showers yesterday right at the end of work, but they didn't last so i was happy about that.

last night the hotel invited all the "long term guests" for a cocktail party. i was pleasantly surprised. started at 8PM in cotton hall, one of their reception halls. i didn't recognize anyone but our TAs and ali from alstom. i think the other people are "regulars" in that they aren't long term per se, but they stay at the hotel regularly on their way in and out from the oil rigs. we met some helicopter pilots that take them out as well. they fed us snacks after snacks after snacks and in typical indian fashion, served dinner around 10:45PM once we were all stuffed on snacks. they had free drinks (johnnie walker all night = headache in the morning), free cigarettes, and a young dance group dance for us all night long. they were decent, better than me of course, but they could learn to count in their head better to keep in sync with each other. i know, i'm an ass and shouldn't be criticizing. it was fun.

the hotel GM was there for this event... the same guy who tried to keep me and emma out of the bar on new year's eve. towards the end of the night, even the hotel managers were drinking and they wanted to see me dance. i didn't want to as usual because they wanted me to dance WITH the dancers on the stage. come on, they are trying to do what you paid them for and now you are making me interfere with it? i wasn't very happy about it but joined in for a spell. they made me dance with the older girl in the group. poor thing. she has all this choreographed pretty dance and they force her to dance with me, non-inspired white boy with no moves. i felt sorry for her having to lower herself to my skill set of rocking back and forth. later on in the night, the hotel managers were basically pimping her out to dance with people. it was a bit disturbing. again, she'd be on stage dancing her dance with her 2 or 3 male dancers, and the managers would grab a pilot or something, bring him to the dance floor and drag her off stage to dance with him.

it was a decent night, i think we got done around 1AM or so, but the forced dancing kinda got to me. still, i won't let it get me down. my headache is going away, my tickets are in my bag, and i have to go show the replacement around. later.

3 Comments:

Blogger themom said...

goody goody goody. closer to being home, i love it. watch packing any liquids in your carry-on luggage. as of today, things have changed at all airports. i love you and can't wait to see you.

XXXOOO

10:05 AM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger J Ho said...

So how young was the young dance group?

11:43 AM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger Jules said...

I wasn't there, but from experience, I would say the dancers were illegal in the US, but fair game in India. You know what they say...I'll let Zac finish that sentence, cuz you know he's got a million.

...since you know how he has a thing for the young girls. Hahaha

11:44 PM, August 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home